[NCLUG] wireless networking install

Joseph DiVerdi diverdi at xtrsystems.com
Thu Jan 15 09:15:20 MST 2004

I'm in the process of installing a wireless networking (PCMCIA, US Robotics 5410) card in a Linux (RH8.0) laptop and (PCI, Belkin F5D6001) card in a Linux (RH8.0) desktop. To accomplish this I've been using wlan-ng items.

Both of the cards I'm using are 802.11g and I'm getting the sinking feeling that "g" isn't supported by wlan-ng. Do I have this right/wrong? If right, are there any other resources for installing these beasts?

BTW, wishing all list members and their families a happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year. :)

Best regards,
Joseph
--
Joseph A. DiVerdi, Ph.D., M.B.A.