[NCLUG] Linux Admin Classes at FRCC

DJ Eshelman dj at sgc-inc.net
Fri Jan 30 13:04:46 MST 2004

Well, FRCC finally got a Linux Administration course going.

I decided to enroll, because frankly my hack-and-slash experience with Linux
thus far isn't really helping any.  And, well, I needed a way to put my
school loans into deferrment (muhahahahaa).

It's pretty much following the SAIR books- the learning distro is RedHat 7.3
(sigh).  It's been sort of boring thus far as it really does start from the
basics and move on from there.
But I thought I'd let everyone know that if the question comes up in the
future for people wanting to know where to take courses, it looks like FRCC
is the place.
Let's just hope that this will lead to some more advanced Linux courses in
the near future as well.

Perhaps more updates to follow- and the other good news is that I finally
got my Tuesday evenings free again so perhaps I can start actually attending
meetings...  it's been too long.

-DJ

--
DJ Eshelman, JIT-Tech.com