[NCLUG] Shorewall and webmin

John L. Bass jbass at dmsd.com
Sat Nov 6 18:40:24 MST 2004

if you are using dhcp, try fixing the addresses which are leased:

host lab1 {
        hardware ethernet 00:a0:c9:91:7a:8a;
        fixed-address lab1.home;
        }

You can hard code it here, or as I do, run a local zone file for
the home network which keeps all the address changes in one place.

John

	I am using shorewall 2.0.10 and webmin to administer it. I have multiple
	rules setup to allow my home machine as well as several others into the
	network.  Most of the home machines get ip's via dhcp, so whenever they
	change I have to go in and change all the rules.

	Chris Funk