[NCLUG] Facility available for Linux related events

Marcio Luis Teixeira marciot at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 4 11:21:19 MDT 2005

NCLUG Members:

I am an adjunct instructor at CollegeAmerica. In a
recent meeting Craig, our IT person, expressed an
interest in hosting Linux related groups (and
install-fests!) at our college and asked those present
to pass the word on if we happened to know any such
groups.

I think this is great news that would benefit
everyone. We have a great facility for this sort of
thing (with computer labs, a hardware lab and
networking lab, classrooms, projectors, 250 seat movie
theater [iirc] and a hell of a lot of surplus hardware
which could take Linux for demos and such). For us, it
means that having Linux groups nearby would give our
students an opportunity to get involved with Linux,
something employers have told us is a skill which is
in high demand.

For more information, please contact Craig Sanders at
csanders at collegeamerica.edu

Thank you,

Marcio Teixeira