[NCLUG] Anyone know the MPC5200 (PPC603e core) CPU?

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Thu Mar 24 23:18:55 MST 2005

I'm working on a project using the MPC5200 chip, and we're trying to get
DMA-capable IDE drivers up and running under Linux 2.4 (MontaVista 3.1).

DMA for IDE works fine on its own, but it seems pretty much as soon as
we use the PCI bus (the external address/data pins on the chip are
shared between IDE and PCI with an arbiter) we get a machine check
exception due to TEA (basically, the CPU transaction on one of the
processor's internal busses times out).

Does anyone know anything about this chip, or know of somebody that has
real low-level detailed knowledge about this kind of thing?

Thanks for any help.

--
Stephen Warren, Software Engineer, NVIDIA, Fort Collins, CO
swarren at wwwdotorg.org     http://www.wwwdotorg.org/pgp.html