[NCLUG] Perl Presentation

Onyx onyx at frii.com
Tue Nov 15 23:48:15 MST 2005

nclug'ers,
I will be giving a presentation/lecture on the language of Perl for CSU's
chapter of the Association of Computing Machinery (ACM - http://acm.org)
on  tomorrow (11/16) at 5pm in the Hammond Auditorium (Engineering
building, room 120).  I would like to extend the invite for any of you to
come.  If you ever wanted to learn more about Perl and to learn about its
history, its uses, its features, and to see some of its examples, please
come to my presentation.  Come to learn, or to just laugh at me (and my
nervousness!).  Despite being somewhat technical, it should be very
educational for many people, and I will try to make it enjoyable.  More
details are in the email below.

- Onyx

> Want to learn a great scripting language? Well join the ACM Club this
> Wednesday November 16th AT 5pm in the Hammond Auditorium (Engineering
> 120) for Perl.
> Esteemed Alumni  Onyx will be giving a presentation on Perl.
>
> Need something that understand regular expressions? Need to know what
> a regular expression is? Need something that can easily manipulate
> files and words for you? Well Perl does that and so much more! Onyx
> will give a brief overview of Perl,including history and syntax. He
> will also demonstrate some of the awesome things you can do with this
> incredible tool.
>
> So come and learn Onyx' Perls of Wisdom! We hope to see you there.

---
J. Ross Beveridge                        email: ross at cs.colostate.edu
Computer Science Department - 1873       phone: 970-491-5877
Colorado State University                fax:   970-491-2466
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1873              www:   www.cs.colostate.edu/
~ross