[NCLUG] Qwest DSL w/ PPPoE(oA)

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Apr 3 18:50:09 MDT 2006

On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 11:58:38PM -0600, Stephen Warren wrote:
>monitoring, but bonding seems to ignore the failures. This appears to be
>a fairly commonly reported problem, with no solution (at least, not on
>the sourceforge bonding site; still searching)

Weird, because I used to use exclusively ARP monitoring to fail over
between my wired and wireless, and it seemed to work just fine.  I more
recently switched to MII monitoring and it also seems to work fine.
I'm not sure you'd be able to use MII monitoring.

Probably what you'd really want to do is set up OpenVPN with an up script
that ifenslaves the interface, and a down script the de-ifenslaves the
interface from the bonding, and then just ignore the bonding driver's
fault healing.  You'll need to use the ping timeout stuff.

Thanks,
 Fire at the celuloud factory.  No film at eleven.
                 -- _Kentucky_Fried_Movie_