[NCLUG] iptables ssh protection, but with Linksys WRT54G DD-WRT?

Jeffrey D. Means meaje at meanspc.com
Sun Apr 16 11:27:29 MDT 2006

There is an even simpler way of dealing with this problem... move the
port SSH listens to for outside your network.  Along with a proper
banner it is then easy to contact ISP's when someone does attack your
box(es) although anymore attacks usually come second hand from another
compromised platform... but at least it gives you a place to focus on
limiting access from.  I actually like to run my SSH external server
without password access, PKI only for logins along with changing my port
to 2600.  Hope this helps someone a little.

--Jeff

Jeffrey D. Means <meaje at meanspc.com>