[NCLUG] apt-get error code

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Sun Apr 16 21:35:36 MDT 2006

subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 2

What the heck does this mean?  More to the point -- how do I fix it?  It
seems to have completely wedged the entire apt system.  It won't do crap
as long as that problem exists.  Using force and fix options doesn't
seem to help at all.

The package that's wedging the system is kdebluetooth (a KDE package,
color me surprised).  Google's no help to me, unless I'm searching
"wrong".  The apt and dpkg documentation doesn't seem to have anything
helpful to say about error codes.