[NCLUG] Ousting Exchange

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun Apr 23 18:17:16 MDT 2006

On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 01:26:50AM -0600, Chad Perrin wrote:
>I tend to figure that when Stable rolls over, it's time to replace the
>server, anyway -- if only to ensure good uptime by having hardware that

Fair enough, but I'm sure you can understand that a lot of people would
rather base such migration plans on things like company budgets, available
staff time, business slow seasons, customer availbility to assist in
migration and testing, etc...

For example, doing such a migration for a customer who does retail in
November or December would be the worst time for it to happen, and also the
worst time for them to not be getting errata updates.  For telcos it would
be in June, July, and August.

Thanks,
 Some girl with psychic power, She said "T-bone, what's your sign?"
 I blinked and answered "Neon", I thought I'd blow her mind.