[NCLUG] Ousting Exchange

Matt Taggart matt at lackof.org
Thu Apr 27 18:33:14 MDT 2006

Sean Reifschneider writes...

> I don't understand what sort of short-term upgrade cycle you're talking
> about.  With RHEL they will provide you with errata updates for 10 years,
> ensuring that you don't have to roll from 3.x to 4.x for 10 years.  Debian
> doesn't even come close to this.

But RHEL is a commercial product that costs $$$ right? Debian does 3+ years on
average which is pretty good for free. I think certain ubuntu releases are
going to be have support updates for 10+ years for free. Anybody know what
CentOS does?

If you're really so risk/change adverse that's you can't upgrade within 5
years, you probably can afford to pay RH more money to support you rather than
spend the same money upgrading. Either that or you have proprietary apps
holding you back or something.

--
Matt Taggart
matt at lackof.org