[NCLUG] Ousting Exchange

dann frazier dannf at dannf.org
Fri Apr 28 19:04:04 MDT 2006

On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 04:27:26PM -0600, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 05:33:14PM -0700, Matt Taggart wrote:
> >But RHEL is a commercial product that costs $$$ right? Debian does 3+ years on
>
> Then use CentOS which is a community rebuild of RHEL and also has the 10
> years of updates.  My understanding was that with Debian stable it was only
> supported for the life-cycle of the release and a little more.  A very
> little more.

>From http://www.debian.org/security/faq#lifespan:

Q: How long will security updates be provided?

A: The security team tries to support a stable distribution for about
one year after the next stable distribution has been released, except
when another stable distribution is released within this year. It is
not possible to support three distributions; supporting two
simultaneously is already difficult enough.

--
dann frazier