[NCLUG] Fedora 6 and the RaLink rt2500 wireless card

Bill Thorson bill at tstorms.com
Sat Dec 9 22:59:06 MST 2006

David,

I have a laptop with FC5 and the rt2500 wireless device.  I do checkout
the cvs tree and build the driver but have not experienced what you
are.  I do not use ifup but use the gnome network management interface.
I also built and use the Ralink supplied utility.  It's really great for
scanning and attaching to found networks.  I think the interrupt thought
have merit because I've never experienced any real problems with this
device under FC4 and FC5.

Bill

David Braley wrote