[NCLUG] extracting library from statically linked executable

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Dec 20 18:32:29 MST 2006

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 03:09:36PM -0700, Stephen Warren wrote:
>In theory, if the original objects were compiled "position independant",

Can you have a statically linked binary using a PIC compiled library?  I've
only ever used PIC for .so and non-PIC for static linking.  Though, I admit
that I don't know if that's a rule for static compilation or just a
convention.  It's definitely a rule for .so, AFAIK.

 "When I nod my head, hit it."
      Back off man. I'm a scientist.   http://HackingSociety.org/