[NCLUG] help finding documentation for unique cluster setup

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Jul 19 23:06:12 MDT 2006

On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 10:54:23PM -0600, Mike Jensen wrote:
>It looks like it needs a dev location for the drive.  How will I make a dev
>location for the drive that is on another server?  Will this be made durring
>the clustering process?  Right now GFS does not look _that_ hard.

That's right, GFS isn't a distributed file-system, it's the opposite:
a centralized file-system that multiple systems can mount and access
at the same time.  Typically, this is implemented using a fibre channel
RAID box connected to a FC switch with each node.

Thanks,
 But I woke up when someone slammed the door so hard I fell outta bed
 screaming "Mama's little baby loves shortnin' bread".  -- Aerosmith