[NCLUG] Server-to-Server backups

Shane Spencer shane at bogomip.com
Wed Jun 28 11:21:41 MDT 2006

rsnapshot and dirvish are two amazingly fun rsync based solutions,
very similar in nature, however each has its own method for executing
remote scripts to prepare certain data for backup.

rsnapshot is simple and clean, it will store for example 5 days of
whatever you want to back up in say /var/cache/rsnapshot/localhost/ in
the following directories

daily.0
daily.1
daily.(etc..)

for however far back you want. daily 0 is 0 day, today, daily 1 is
yesterday.  It achieves this by hard linking.

Must work..

Shane