[NCLUG] Embedded Linux

Brent Wilkins brent.wilkins at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 20:44:50 MST 2006

Stephen thanks for the help.  It looks like buildroot is a good and
easy way to compile an entire OS(?)  It looks like buildroot by
default uses uClibc and busybox.  Buildroot is as easy to use as it
sounds, right?  It just automagically compiles the OS and the
cross-compilation toolchain?  I have a few questions about the
configuration.

There is a configuration option labeled "Target Architecture Variant".
 I know from your slides that you have experience with the AMD Geode.
I'm using the GX466.  What is the best variant to use?  My experience
is limited to software being labeld for i<anything>86 and it seems to
work the same.

I ran make with the all of the defaults.  As I start using the created
filesystem I'm sure I'll discover things the I need to change.  Do you
know of any changes that I will probably want to make right now?  The
main use of the board is to provide a means for processing data from
some sensors and send that data back across a wireless connection.
There will be a video capture board on the PCI bus.

Thanks for all of your help.

--
If you hold a Unix shell to your ear you can hear the C