[NCLUG] The new cruelty.

DJ Eshelman djsbignews at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 08:57:27 MST 2006

I'm wondering along these lines - I have a mailman group set up to only
accept mail from two people, everything else is auto-discarded.  The problem
is that they posted the email for the group on their website and so now it's
getting spammed like crazy....  but instead of me getting moderator
requests, I'm getting auto-discard notifications (in the tune of about 20-50
per day).  I have Thunderbird filtering these directly to trash, but that
doesn't always help when checking mail elsewhere.

Am I missing a setting somewhere ... or is this what you are talking about,
Sean?

I'm pretty sure the server this list is on is a cPanel box using sendmail
(groan) but I'm ready to move it off to a postfix-enabled server if it'll
help pre-filter.

-DJ