[NCLUG] Encrypted Filesystems?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Apr 16 13:41:43 MDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 09:29:46AM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
>benchmark.  Less cpu means more battery.  So if someone is optimizing

I've not noticed any change in battery life with the crypted FS.  As I
said, it's rarely noticeable that the crypto is happening.

>Since I was using the installer and it had built in support for

FC6 does not have that support.  I have heard newer Ubuntu and Debians have
it, but I haven't tried it there.  I haven't checked to see if F7 will have
it.

 It usually takes me more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
                 -- Mark Twain