[NCLUG] Free to good home: olden UNIX (and some other) stuff

Aaron D. Johnson adj at fnord.greeley.co.us
Mon Sep 10 16:06:30 MDT 2007

Hi, folks.

I've got a bunch of old boxes that I've lost interest in keeping
around.  If they don't escape to someone else's care soon, they're
going to wind up riddled with bullet holes the next time I go out to
relieve stress.  If anyone has an interest in any of this stuff,
please drop me a line before the October NCLUG meeting.

Stuff I can remember off the top of my head (there are
more, and I've also got a number of piles of old PC cases, hard
drives, and monitors, and other such stuff)

* SGI Iris Indigo (not an Indy or Indigo2)
  I'm pretty sure this one has the R3000 CPU
  High-end graphics option
  Unknown quantity RAM
  NetBSD or OpenBSD should run on it, Linux won't. (last I checked)
  Not sure about its disk drive situation -- I think I've got at
    least one drive on the proper sled inside
  An AUI transceiver might be needed for an Ethernet connection
    (I should have a few in a box somewhere)
  I think I've got the keyboard and mouse for it.

* SGI 21 inch CRT fixed-frequency monitor
  (for the Indigo)
  nifty remote control included

* SUN SPARCstation IPC
  32Mbytes of RAM (I think, maybe 36)
  Unknown hard drive situation, uses normal (ancient) 50-pin single
    ended SCSI disks
  An AUI transceiver might be needed for an Ethernet connection
    (I should have a few in a box somewhere)
  I think I've got the keyboard and mouse for it.

* SUN 21 inch CRT fixed-frequency monitor
  Should work with the above mentioned SPARCstation IPC

* HP 9000 712 (Gecko)
  60MHz PA7100 CPU
  Runs Linux, NetBSD, OpenBSD
  Unknown quantity RAM
  Should work with normal VGA monitors
  Unknown hard drive situation, uses normal (ancient) 50-pin single
    ended SCSI disks

* (maybe) one HP9000 D class server
  D300 series, but specific model unknown

* Qty 2: HP 9000/4##t workstations
  Not sure if these have the 50MHz 68030 CPU or 25 or 33MHz 68040 CPU
  BIG case, guaranteed to consume unreasonable amounts of floor space
  unknown quantity RAM
  unknown disk situtation
  Will run ancient ancient HP-UX or Apollo's DomainOS
  Matching keyboards and mice
  An AUI transceiver might be needed for an Ethernet connection
    (I should have a few in a box somewhere)

* Okidata ML591 24 pin dot matrix printer
  Parallel interface
  Wide carriage
  Multi-part form capable
  Ribbons are still readily available

* PC Power and Cooling "Solid Steel Tower"
  PC Power and Cooling ATX power supply (long forgotten wattage)
  Abit BP6 and 2 Socket370 Celerons installed
  10 5.25inch disk drive bays
  Black

* Macintosh Centris something (maybe a Quadra)
  unknown quantity RAM
  unknown disk situtation

* Some sort of Apple Laserwriter printer
  Appletalk interface

* IBM twinax connected green screen terminal

* Lots of 1000baseSX (Gigabit Ethernet over fiber optic) NICs.

* A good amount of other stuff, the exact nature of which has been
  long since garbage collected.  I'll have to rummage through the
  garage and take stock.

No warrantees, guarantees, blah, blah, blah.  If it doesn't work, you
get to keep both pieces.  Deliveries can be made to tomorrow's NCLUG
or next month's meeting.  (Else the bullet holes will be happening the
second or third weekend in October.)  Pickups can be arranged, after
work hours or on a weekend.  Stuff is located in Greeley, near the
university.  Please send replies directly to me.

- Aaron