[NCLUG] Installfest anyone?

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Thu Apr 3 18:12:53 MDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 11:01 AM, Paul Hummer <paul at eventuallyanyway.com>
wrote:

> I've been wanting to get together and have an installfest, and after
> talking with lots of people, it seems that the general consensus is
> "organize one, and we'll come."  I thought I'd shoot out an email and
> ask if anyone has space, or knows of any space that could be borrowed
> for a few hours.  Preferably space with internet that could be used, etc.
>
> If anyone else is interested in helping me get all this together,
> please let me know.  I'd like to do this before the summer, so as not
> to compete with Bazcamp.

Paul, I'm pretty much willing to help with anything - especially when it's
local. It will depend on the when, however, so I can't say for sure yet.

Locations can be hard but I think if we hit up some local business like
coffee shops (Paul and I discussed this somewhat before but just reiterating
for the rest) or places like CSU or the library we will find something. I
don't know for sure, but it should be easy to set up a table or two at CSU;
it seems like they always have events going on. They must have a computer
group of some sort that we could partner with as well. Any CSU students on
the list that could check?

--
Jim (Ubuntu geek extraordinaire)
----