[NCLUG] science fair presentation 4/8

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Wed Apr 9 20:24:26 MDT 2008

I want to thank everyone for their interest and support of Leina last night.
To be honest, I didn't know what to expect. I am new to the group and don't
really have a sense of what your interests are and what you are willing to
invest your time in. I suspected that FOSS supporters would be happy to hear
about real people using FOSS to some degree which I was I asked, but until
last night I was not sure. Leina was also rather unsure of herself and
nervous about presenting to a large group of adults (she said they - meaning
adults in general - were scary). I told her I would help if she needed it
and was also worried others would lose patience if things didn't keep
moving. I appreciate your willingness to let her know (and me) that you
wanted to hear her. I was definitely a boost to her confidence to know that
"scary" adults actually valued her input. It was also her first time
speaking to a group that was not just classmates. I appreciate that she was
able to have a positive experience - thanks to all of you.

We will plan to attend the next meeting and perhaps there will be time for
her to give you a couple minute update on how things went.

Thanks again.

--
Jim (Ubuntu geek extraordinaire)
----