[NCLUG] ANN: NCLUG Installfest - 17 May 2008

Paul Hummer paul at eventuallyanyway.com
Wed Apr 30 10:09:04 MDT 2008

What: NCLUG Installfest
When: Saturday, May 17th, 10am to 4pm
Where: College America,  4601 S Mason St, at Harmony (map at nclug.org)

The Northern Colorado Linux Users Group and CollegeAmerica will be
hosting a FOSS Installfest on Saturday, May 17th, 2008, between 10 a.m.
and 4 p.m. at CollegeAmerica.

What is an Installfest?
An Installfest is a great forum for you to breathe some life into those
old machines that you've had sitting in your basement for so long.  It's
a wonderful time to learn about Free Open Source Software, how to use
it, and how you can benefit from it, all while being surrounded with
some of the areas experts in that software.  If you've been wanting to
learn about Linux, or just need help with a specific problem, bring your
machine in, and find someone to help.

What will be provided?
Tummy.com is providing a PXE boot server setup for network OS
installations, and we'll have plenty of distribution media.  There will
be wired and wireless internet, good company, and great expertise, form
general desktop Linux usage, to disk encryption, to firewalls and VLANs.

What do I need to bring?
Bring your computer, an open mind, and a friend (along with his/her
computer, open mind, and additional friend).  We'll provide everything else.

Will you help me fix my Windows/Mac machine?
While there are many people who will attend who could assist you in
this, the Installfest is about fostering and advocating free software as
an alternative to proprietary operating systems, and not about free tech
support.  However, if you've got a machine that Windows or Mac OS just
won't run well on anymore, bring it in, and we'll breathe some life into
it.  Who says you have to get a new computer every two years?