[NCLUG] Ubuntu 8.04 - CLI mode

Rob Bayerl verigoth at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 11:28:50 MDT 2008

>   So I am trying to emulate the same scenario.  For me to set up my terminal
> windows, I have to use  Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal, and then
> source ~/.login.  After which I remove the original terminal window.

That's easy enough to fix. Just right click on the top panel (by the
Firefox button), select Add to Panel -> Application Launcher ->
Accessories -> Terminal. From here you have two options.

1) Open terminal. Edit -> Current Profile. Click the Title and Command
tab. Check "Run a custom command instead of my shell"

or (the way I'd do it)

2) Right click on the Terminal button and select properties. Change
the Command input box to "gnome-terminal -e <code to run>"

Hopefully I understand what it is you are trying to do...it might be
just as easy to put all of this in your ~/.profile though.