[NCLUG] Re: DSL Throttling or General Congestion?

DJ Eshelman djsbignews at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 14:43:32 MDT 2008

YAR

That's a much better way of saying it, but I'm pretty sure we're saying
the same things.  You can have all the bandwidth in the world you want-
but with the sheer unbelievable amount of network traffic that makes up
the internet- far beyond what any of the architects could have possibly
imagined, it makes sense.
Add to that NAT... what a mess.

I guess another good discussion would be, does IPv6 do anything to
address this?  I've never found a practical reason to play with it.

I'd just love to find a way to make my clients more happy with me, and
figuring out a better way to do VPNs over a DSL would be a good start :)

-DJ