[NCLUG] Annoying post-meeting SQL curiosities

Aaron D. Johnson adj at fnord.greeley.co.us
Mon Dec 15 23:29:15 MST 2008

Philip M Walker writes:
> I'd like to see the summary of which databases pass this test and
> which fail.  Thanks for an interesting discussion.

So far Gadfly (http://gadfly.sourceforge.net/), MS SQL Server 2000
(whatever version number I said last week), and Oracle 9i all behave
as I'd like.

Informix, SQLite, MySQL, and PostgreSQL all exhibit the failed updates
that caused this discussion.  (I think I shared version numbers on
these already.)

Haven't yet been able to try on Ingres or DB2.  Not entirely sure when
I'll get around to it, but I'll share with the list when I've got
results for these.

- Aaron