[NCLUG] MythTV Questions

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Feb 19 09:57:48 MST 2008

Brian Wood wrote:
> That's the price for first-adopters of technology. Another example is

First adopters?  Back in 1988 I bought a nice Sony 27" tube and vowed it would
be the last TV upgrade I did until switching to HD.  They were talking how HD
would be out any day now back then.  In 1997 we looked at the state of HD and
there was hardware but little to no content (the demo system at Soundtrack
used a computer with a hard drive, there was no HD disc or tape media back
then.  We could get one HBO thing over satellite IIRC which was "coming real
soon".

The politics of "make it uncopyable" screwed the true first adopters a decade ago.