[NCLUG] MythTV Questions

Brian Wood bwood at beww.org
Wed Feb 20 19:48:02 MST 2008

Brian Wood wrote:
> DJ Eshelman wrote:
>> You know, I guess this thread is a good as any to ask this question,
>> but does anyone have any ideas about best price/performance video
>> capture cards?  Especially ones with component and Svideo INPUTS (lots
>> have outs, but I don't know what to do for ins).
>
> Actually few capture cards have video out of any sort. The PVR-350 does,
> but I'm not aware of others.

Just realized you may have been talking about the ATI "All-in-Wonder"
and related cards.

These are not generally usable with Myth. Some of them are incapable of
transferring the video information to the PCI bus, only their own video
output cards. Pretty well kills recording potential.

Perhaps these were what was meant by capture cards having video outputs.

beww