[NCLUG] Ubunto 8.04 - autoinstall of XP partitions

Ben West mrgenixus at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 10:25:05 MDT 2008

I think that being aware of a couple of caveats might be useful long-term:
ntfs has experimental write support right now -- at best, so you may have
some trouble if you intended to use the file system as a go-between
partition.  also -- and this maybe fixed -- I have had trouble mounting the
partition AND making it accessible to users -- this MAY be becuase I
configured the fstab myself and did it incorrectly, but ultimately, I had to
set the drive as being owned, and readable by a single user.  if there is a
ubuntu-povided tool for seting up drives, I'd almost ceratinly use that --
also, I've found that using WUBI for installation elevates a lot of those
problems...YRMV