[NCLUG] More parts to give away, a few for sale.

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue May 13 15:08:36 MDT 2008

We have a bunch more stuff to give away, with one machine to sell.  I'll be
bringing this stuff to NCLUG tonight, and priority will be given to people
at NCLUG to pick it up, or if you can't show up then you can try until
9pm-ish, I imagine we will be at dinner at South China like most NCLUG
meetings.

You can feel free to "RSVP" a piece of equipment, but if you aren't at
NCLUG when someone else asks to take it, it's first come first served.  :-)
Just mail me to let me know what you want.

You can check the status of items by going to:

   http://dev.tummy.com/~jafo/giveawaystatus.html

I'll update it as I get RSVPs.

Here we go:

   FREE: Microcom 4U rackmount modem chassis with 3 quad modem cards.  I
   think they're all 33.6kbps.  Would work great for outgoing fax for 12
   lines.

   FREE: Hitachi SuperScan 776 tube monitor.  I believe it's a 19", 1600x1200.

   FREE: Small PC: Pentium II 466MHz, 64MB, 52x CD burner, tested booting to
   BIOS.  Should have video and Ethernet, probably also serial, audio, USB...
   2 PCI, one shared with an ISA.

   FREE: Small PC: Celeron MMX 333, 40GB HD, 24x CD burner, noisy case fan,
   128MB RAM, ran badblocks in CentOS 5 fine.
   IIRC, includes: Video, parallel, audio, USB, dual serial, Ethernet.  2
   PCI, one shared with an ISA.

   $20 Small PC: Celeron MMX 333, 25GB HD, 512MB RAM, 40x CD burner.
   Ran badblocks in CentOS 5 fine.
   Video, parallel, audio, USB, dual serial, Ethernet.  2 PCI, one shared
   with an ISA.

   FREE: ISA Sangoma T1 card with integrated CSU/DSU.  Works fine with the
   above machines.

   FREE: Spare BTX form factor power supply for the above.

   FREE: PC 100 DIMMS, 1x 64MB, 2x 128MB, will work with NLX.  Note, NLX boxes
   only have 2 memory slots.

   FREE: 32x LightOn CD burner.
   FREE: 52x LightOn CD burner.
   FREE: 52x LightOn CD burner.
   FREE: 52x LightOn CD burner.
   FREE: 52x LightOn CD burner.
   FREE: 38x TDK CD burner.
   FREE: 38x TDK CD burner.
   FREE: 38x TDK CD burner.
   FREE: 38x TDK CD burner.
   FREE: 48x Mitsumi CD burner.

   FREE: ABit Motherboard, AB-ZM6, for PGA 370 CPU.

   FREE: First generation MS Natural Keyboard, unknown if it works, but as
   far as I know it does.

   FREE: Raritan keyboard and mouse PS-2 "dummy".  Emulates a keyboard and
   mouse, and you plug a keyboard and mouse into it, for computers that
   can't boot without a keyboard, or if the machine flakes out if the
   keyboard is unplugged.

   $40: Athlon 1.466GHz, Tyan Trinity motherboard, 256MB RAM, dual CD-ROM
   drives, floppy drive, removable drive bay with 7 empty parallel ATA
   cartridges for the bay.

Thanks,
 It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well.
                 -- Rene Descartes