[NCLUG] advice about starting a LUG like NCLUG

S. Luke Jones slukejones at gmail.com
Thu May 15 08:08:08 MDT 2008

On May 15, 2008, at 6:37 AM, Michael Riversong wrote:
> This is offensive.
>
> Most Linux user groups manage to get by with no dues.
>
> That line about "riff-raff" is very strange.
>
>> could give me tips about starting a LUG: how much to charge for dues,
>> for example, and how to keep out the riff-raff, that sort of thing.
>> :-)

I'm sorry you were offended. If you'd like to know what the symbol :-)
means in email, consult this reference:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smiley>

I suspect that most of the other people on the list have read that
explanation (or an equivalent) so it might help you follow what people
are saying and be better able to contribute to the conversations
taking place on the list.

S. Luke Jones - slukejones at gmail.com