[NCLUG] ssh question

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Oct 6 16:02:29 MDT 2008

Jim Hutchinson wrote:
> place. It seems to me it would be possible to use port 443 for the tunnel

Why don't you just set up OpenVPN and use the gateway settings so that all
your traffic gets routed over the VPN tunnel.  That way you just set it up
and don't have to worry about brining it up, it comes up as a service.

Plus, the "--port-share" option allows you to run OpenVPN on port 443,
*AND* have it so that if a web browser connects it goes to your web server,
but OpenVPN traffic goes to the VPN.