[NCLUG] URLs from Harmony/congruity talk last night

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Wed Oct 15 19:47:10 MDT 2008

dann frazier wrote:
> Anyway - I reviewed these projects which appear to let me load an
> image onto the remote. But is there a way to tweak the settings from
> linux?

Certainly not at present. There have been a couple of people interested
in investigating this, but nothing has come out of that yet. It's not
the aim of concordance/congruity (their aim is to support the existing
flow, just on Linux)

> It seems that the web interface is now deprecated and creating
> the image requires win/osx (though, it looks like it maybe just a
> local (XUL?) app that's communicating with an external service?)

The web-site still works fine (just ignore the text on the first page
that tells you that you need a SW upgrade, and continue to use the website).

As far as I can tell, the official Harmony software is just an IE web
browser embedded into a custom window that traps the downloads that the
website sends and automatically handles them internally to the app,
rather than spawning a separate executable. Oh, and the Harmony SW has a
custom front page that hides the main web page, even though all the
other pages are identical to the website. The old Harmony SW worked
exactly the same way that concordance/congruity do.