[NCLUG] Python Rox

Scott Scriven nclug at toykeeper.net
Fri Oct 17 03:32:37 MDT 2008

* Jim Hutchinson <jim at ubuntu-rocks.org> wrote:
> Is Python not a language to start with?

Python would be my first choice for a first language.  It's
designed to be easy to learn, yet it's still a "real" language
suitable for large projects.  It's not a toy like most other
"first" languages.

I've often heard it's based on the pseudocode programmers use to
communicate with each other, and this is what got me interested
in the first place.  It's almost identical to the pseudocode I
used before I discovered Python.

Anyway, if you'd like to see how various languages attack the
same ideas, take a look around here:

  http://www.rosettacode.org/

-- Scott