[NCLUG] Bandwidth throttling when SIP connection is in progress.

Scott Scriven nclug at toykeeper.net
Sun Oct 19 01:22:21 MDT 2008

* John Gilmore <jgilmore at glycou.com> wrote:
> My phone is now working fine even under adverse conditions,

Cool.  Care to post the scripts you ended up with, or diffs from
the stock versions?  (I'm not sure how big they are; more than a
few KiB is probably better linked to than posted)

> I think I understand it pretty well.

I only know a tiny bit about it, based on some chapters in the
Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO.  It's interesting
stuff, if you're curious:

  http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.qdisc.html
  http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.qdisc.classful.html
  http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.qdisc.filters.html
  http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.cookbook.fullnat.intro.html

I probably would have used WonderShaper (based on the same
howto), but it didn't exist at the time.

-- Scott