[NCLUG] Fort Collins Pythonistas Kickoff Meeting - 6 Nov 2008 @ 6 pm

Goodman,Darrin Darrin.Goodman at ColoState.EDU
Fri Oct 31 18:05:16 MDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: nclug-bounces at nclug.org [mailto:nclug-bounces at nclug.org] On Behalf Of Sean Reifschneider

> It looks like we now have 22 on the list, I'm not sure who the
> last person in there was...  Do we need to officially cut off
> the attendance at 21, or...?

If I place an extra chair at each table, I believe that we should be able to fit about 20 or 21, if memory serves me correctly.  However, if we have a couple of extra people, and if they don't mind sitting on the sidelines, I can provide extra chairs, but they'll probably be without any table space.  It's safe to say that we should go ahead and cut off the attendance.  It looks like Chad Perrin is unable to make the Thursday date, so I'll remove him from the list of attendees; this makes 21.  Since there are one and possibly two instructors who are on this list, I'd say that we are looking at 19 or 20 students (there is a podium up front for the instructor).

> ALSO, I was wondering how many people might need Internet access?

> I imagine that CSU has some policy about this, but is it not possible
> for us to bring in an AP and connect it to the wired net for the
> duration of this event?

Yes.  I sent a message out to the list earlier today to address this question.  We will have wireless access for the evening.  I will also bring a 24 port switch in case anyone needs to be hard wired.

Here is the list of attendees (minus Chad Perrin), presented in the order that they signed up:
Darrin Goodman
Mike Cullerton
Ben West
Neil Neely
John King
Stephen Warren
James DeWitt
Jim Hutchinson
Michael Riversong
Aaron Carnes
Paul Hummer
Sean Reifschneider
Bob Proulx
Brian Simpson
Brian Wood
John Mayfield
Richard Artz
Onyx Mueller
Paul Schonfeld
Dennis Clark (DLC)
Bill Hayes

I'm looking forward to this event!  Have a great weekend!

-Darrin