[NCLUG] VCS howto - CRY FOR HELP

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Fri Oct 31 17:47:19 MDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 10:42:02PM +0000, Paul Hummer wrote:

> > Actually, a talk on Mercury or Git would be great, as long as it's
> > informative and organized, and oriented toward teaching practical skills
> > rather than proselytizing or providing a survey of its characteristics or
> > how the presenter uses it.  I second the motion.
>
> If you're going to bring up mercurial and git, it's only fair to bring Bazaar
> into the panel.  :)

Sure, that's fine too -- but I think we should have a full NCLUG meeting
session for each of them that gets presented, if we expect to actually
learn any practical, hands-on skills from the meeting.  It'd probably
take us the better part of a year to get through three of them, though,
since I'm sure most people wouldn't want to see three version control
system presentations over the course of three months in a row.

Right about now, my first choice for one of these to see would definitely
be either Mercurial or Git, with Bazaar in third place, and Subversion or
CVS after that (tied for fourth), since I know Subversion pretty well
already and my interest in CVS is relatively limited.

--
Chad Perrin [ content licensed PDL: http://pdl.apotheon.org ]
Quoth H. L. Mencken: "Democracy is the theory that the common people