[NCLUG] Unbootable Ubunto install

Lee Clark lee_clark_ftc at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 13 01:55:28 MDT 2008

My other machine is a Pii 450 Mhz Net server E60 with 2 SCSI 37gig drives

I set the pair of them up as raid and then maid the raid md0 as / ext3

I added an older 1.6 gig ide drive and made a 450meg /boot and the rest is a swap drive

The Ide drive is showing up as sdc with  the boot part as sdc1

Grub did not show any errors but maybe I missed them.

When it finnished I rebooted and received no OS found error.

I have several other CD's including DSL and Knoppix

Could any one walk me through step by step on how to make this boot

The /boot partition is the only drive tagged as bootable

I don't care if I use grub or if I use Lilo

as long as it boots

Lee