[NCLUG] Repost Unbootable Ubunto install

Lee Clark lee_clark_ftc at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 01:00:34 MDT 2008

Could any one out there help me get this to boot?
I reinstalled this again, this time it it did error out on installing Grub.
I tried to install Lilo and that too errored out.

The system is as follows.

It is a old PII 450 Mhz Net server E60 with a pair of SCSI 36.7gig drives.
I set the pair of them up as raid and then made the raid md0 as / ext3

I added an older 1.6 gig ide drive and made a 450meg /boot
I set it to be bootable
the rest of this drive is set up as a swap drive.

When I reboot, I receive an eror of no OS found.

I have several other CD's including DSL and Knoppix
would someone walk me through the steps on how to make this boot

Lee