[NCLUG] Re: "Green" power

DJ Eshelman djsbignews at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 12:25:56 MDT 2008

I for one really like discussing this, being a Green Conservative for
about 15 years.

if it costs too much to operate, the losses are more than the gains.  I
haven't updated this in awhile but I thought I'd make it public play:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pPID0euoSQY90yENzCRjTFQ&hl=en

Sean- I need to pull up my Kill-A-Watt data but you're pretty dead on
with most- except that when I measured my PS3 folding- it was at
something like 240 Watts!  Ouch!  That's over $133 per year just to run
Folding!

When you consider that just playing a BluRay is 200 watts... maybe not
so bad.  My entire system (PS3, amp, 65" LED-DLP (Samsung)) measured
1470 watts playing a BluRay disc.

Theres a TON more I can say, but it'll have to wait; work to be done :)

-DJ