[NCLUG] Re: "Green" power -- off grid

Bob Proulx bob at proulx.com
Thu Sep 18 14:40:17 MDT 2008

DJ Eshelman wrote:
> I'd love to recommend wind turbines, but does anyone know if that can be
> done in the City limits?

I really don't know what is acceptable in the city.  But when I
watched this episode of Living with Ed I thought this vertical wind
turbine was interesting.  (This should result in a picture of a
vertical wind turbine on a pole over the roof of Ed's house.)

  http://www.livingwithed.net/egallery.asp?Start=10&Offset=1&target=11&CID=11

As I recall that was a 500kwh model designed for quiet operation in
the city.  It appeared to me that it was noise compatible with any of
the spinning attic vents that we often already see.  Unfortunately the
above is all of the information that I have on it.

Bob