Linux World domination (was Re: [NCLUG] PC for Linux (Ubuntu))

Matt Taggart matt at lackof.org
Thu Sep 18 17:17:26 MDT 2008

> That's fine, as long as we all understand the context. There are
> however, a fair number of FOSS advocates that have a very well defined
> goal of removing all non-FOSS alternatives from the market.

There are a fair number of software engineers that assume they are entitled
to a nice cushy salary for a job that isn't that hard (at least compared to
digging ditches, farming, etc) and that it's ok to use proprietary software
as the barrel to hold the end user over in order to obtain that salary. :)

Find a way to make money that doesn't deny the world the zero cost of
benefitting from the fruits of your labor. There are some good examples
already of people doing this, even in software.

--
Matt Taggart
matt at lackof.org