Linux World domination (was Re: [NCLUG] PC for Linux (Ubuntu))

John L. Bass jbass at dmsd.com
Thu Sep 18 18:02:58 MDT 2008

Matt Taggart wrote:
>> James DeWitt wrote:
>>
>>> Those people don't seem to be on this mailing list.
>>>

>> I was sure at least one person would step up ... this time it was Matt's
>> reply with the traditional mantra :)
>>

> Yeah, I am anxiously awaiting your 4 page reply that explains what it was
> like in the olden days of hacking but still fails to address my points :)

Open source software is supposed to about offering freedom of choice.
Free software taking away the freedom of consumer to purchase their
proprietary program they would choose, is about removing choice.

The claim of "freedom" choice at that point is just a lie.

A programmer is an author, and should have the rights of any other
author ... removing the rights of software authors, is just the first
step of removing the rights from all authors, artists, and other
creative people to remove their right of ownership, and right to make
a living from their own creativity.

John