Linux World domination (was Re: [NCLUG] PC for Linux (Ubuntu))

John L. Bass jbass at dmsd.com
Thu Sep 18 22:48:31 MDT 2008

Stop trolling Brent ... we clearly have several here saying that a
software author does not have a right to make a living/profit from his
creative works. That is the issue addressed quoted below.

I fully understand GPL and copyright ... as you do, that isn't the issue
at hand. The issue, is the ability of independent self employed software
authors to profit from their work by selling proprietary software that
is not open source, as well as corporations and other business that
employ software authors.

That is one of the core rights of copyright, world wide.

Cease the personal attacks and name calling ... it degrades this list.

John