Linux World domination (was Re: [NCLUG] PC for Linux (Ubuntu))

Grant Johnson grant at amadensor.com
Fri Sep 19 18:33:57 MDT 2008

John L. Bass wrote:
> Stop trolling Brent ... we clearly have several here saying that a
> software author does not have a right to make a living/profit from his
> creative works. That is the issue addressed quoted below.

I am sorry, but you do not have a right to earn a living from selling
your software, just as I do not have a right to earn a living by
singing.   If you have ever heard me sing, you would understand.   Maybe
people would pay me to STOP singing...

Anyway, the real point is this:  If a change in the way things work
(think buggy whips) removes your livelihood, adapt or go broke.  If
FLOSS kills off the market for shrink-wrap, and that is what you do,
maybe you need to find work installing and customizing FLOSS.