Copyright Law - was: Linux World domination (was Re: [NCLUG] PC for Linux (Ubuntu))

Brian Wood bwood at beww.org
Mon Sep 22 09:13:41 MDT 2008

Ben West wrote:
> But I'm sure Gutenberg and his fellows were accused of similar tactics
> when they first started printing books :-)
>
> [ Citation Needed ]

Good point.

"That dang Gutenberg's going to bankrupt us with his monopoly on his
press". -- Pope Eugene IV, Papal restroom graffiti ca. 1442, (translated
from the Latin) Vatican Collection.

"How can we make a profit on indulgences when it costs so much to print
them?" - Pope Niclolas V, personal journals (translated from the Latin),
ca. 1448, Vatican Collection.

"Gutenberg Sucks", anon. graffiti on Wittenberg wall (translated from
the German). ca. 1443.

I'll try and find more.

beww