[NCLUG] Problems with dovecot

Scott Scriven nclug at toykeeper.net
Tue Sep 23 15:00:10 MDT 2008

* Paul Hummer <paul at eventuallyanyway.com> wrote:
> Because I do significant amounts of work from my desktop and
> from my laptop, it's been important to me that both systems
> have access to my mail.

For the same reason, I just use mutt on a VPS I configured for
that purpose.  It works pretty well, except for two things...
it's hard to use when I'm somewhere with a laggy uplink, and it
makes image attachments a bit inconvenient.

I could mirror it via unison to my local machine, but that's
problematic because I've got too much mail.

> It's been working very well, until about a week ago.

I'd suggest trying mutt's imap client, for debugging purposes,
and keeping an eye on the syslog.  Hopefully some useful details
will appear.

-- Scott