[NCLUG] offtopic- Neal Stephenson at Boulder Bookstore

Matt Taggart matt at lackof.org
Tue Sep 23 21:58:15 MDT 2008

> Some of us are going to Neal Stephenson's (Snowcrash, Cryptonomicon) book
> signing  for his new book Anathem at the Boulder Bookstore. E-mail me if
> you're interested in car pooling, from Loveland.

I just bought it (signed copy from a nearby bookstore he did a signing at)
and am about 20% of the way through it, it's really good. After
Cryptonomicon and The Baroque Cycle I was expecting it to be like those,
and it is, but there are also parts that remind me of his other books.

With The Baroque Cycle I waited for each one to come out on paperback since
I prefer reading them that way(smaller, easier to hold, etc) and they are
cheaper that way too. But I just couldn't wait this time :)

Hmm, how to make this thread on topic? I know, if you haven't read "In the
Beginning was the Commmand Line" I recommend it (*whew*)

--
Matt Taggart
matt at lackof.org