[NCLUG] offtopic- Neal Stephenson at Boulder Bookstore

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Thu Sep 25 02:39:03 MDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 05:49:41PM -0600, Jim Hutchinson wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 4:36 PM, Chad Perrin <perrin at apotheon.com> wrote:
> >
> > A week later, there's a Neil Gaiman book signing dealio -- for which I
> > had to buy tickets.  Do I need tickets for this thing?  Where would I get
> > 'em?
>
> How do you get tix for Gaiman?

I got them by way of a friend who told me about the Gaiman event -- he
got them for me, and I paid him back.

Of course, I found out today how to get the Neal Stephenson tickets: I
tracked down a telephone number for the store and called.

The number to call is: (303) 447-2074

The tickets cost $8 each.  You get a free ticket if you go down there and
buy a copy of the book.  Apparently, if you buy the book, you get it
signed, and for each copy of the book you buy (and, presumably, get him
to sign), you also get one other item signed by him if you like.  I'm
bringing my copy of Cryptonomicon with me, since that's the only other
Stephenson book I currently own, though I'm tempted to buy a hardcopy of
In The Beginning Was The Command Line and get that signed instead.  Damn.
Maybe I should just buy another copy of Anathem, make it a gift for
someone, and use the extra signing "credit" so I can get both In The
Beginning and Cryptonomicon signed.

--
Chad Perrin [ content licensed PDL: http://pdl.apotheon.org ]
Peter Norvig: "Use the most natural notation available to solve the