[NCLUG] Suggestions for a distro change

Mike Loseke mike.loseke at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 09:00:19 MDT 2009

Ubuntu is excellent as a server-only setup.  If you're familiar with Fedora,
using CentOS definitely has a small transition curve, but Ubuntu is
definitely a fine alternative.  They run a "Long Term Support" (LTS) model
where a major release is supported for 5 years with updates along the way.

I would suggest trying it out on a test machine, real or virtual, beforehand
to get a feel for it and to see if it meets your needs.

http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download

Click on the "Server Edition" tab for some information and a link to the LTS
release.  I'd suggest that for stability as it sounds like that's what
you're after.

Mike